The Woodridge Voter's Guide to the 2012 Illinois Primary
We've rounded up all the information you need to be an informed voter going into the March 20 Illinois primary.
In just a few short weeks, Woodridge voters will head to the polls for the Illinois primary.
Confused about what district you fall into after the lines were redrawn? We've got you covered. Wonder how long you can procrastinate before mailing in your absentee ballot? We'll tell you that, too.
Our handy guide will help you keep track of important dates and information. We'll be updating it with candidate bios in the coming weeks, as well as more stories from the campaign trail.
This is also a chance for you to get involved. Got a question for a candidate? Post it in the comments section, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know the dates
Feb. 21: Voter registration deadline for the Illinois primary
Feb. 27-March 15: Early voting window
March 15: Last day the DuPage Election Commission will send out absentee ballots. Call 630-407-5600 as soon as possible if you need one.
March 19: Postmark deadline for absentee ballots
March 20: Illinois primary
Know your district
Because of the 2011 redistricting, parts of Darien now fall within different districts than they did before. Find out which districts you live in with the state board of election’s interactive map.
Know your polling place
Early voters in DuPage County can go to one of these locations.
Find out where to vote on primary day (and in the process double check that you’re registered) by searching the ISBE database.
Know your candidates
DuPage County Board District 3
- Sharon E. Bryant
- Kenneth Moy
- Brian J. Krajewski*
- John Curran*
- Gary Grasso
Illinois House of Representatives
- Deborah L. "Debbie" Boyle
- Ron Sandack
- Jim Durkin*
- Laura Reigle
- Emily McCasey
- Christine Radogno*
- Arthur "AJ" Wilhelmi
- Sandy Johnson
U.S. House of Representatives
- Daniel Lipinski
- Farah Baqai
- Arthur Jones
- Richard Grabowski
- Jim Falvey
- Bill Foster
- Jim Hickey
- Juan Thomas
- Judy Biggert*
Know the issues
Woodridge residents will be asked to vote on the following question:
Shall the Village of Woodridge have the authority to arrange for the supply of electricity for its residential and small commercial retail customers who have not opted out of such program?
Patch primary election coverage
- Village to Hold Presentation on Electrical Aggregation Referendum Feb. 21
- Woodridge One of Dozens to Vote on Switching Energy Suppliers in 2012
- Woodridge to Pursue Switching Energy Suppliers
- For the Good of Illinois PAC, Adam Andrzejewski Endorse Ron Sandack
- Presidential Poll: Florida Chose Romney, Who's Your Pick?
- Bradley Launches Write-In Campaign to Challenge Radogno
- Lemont Resident Duane Bradley Removed from March Republican Primary Ballot
- Boyle Endorsed by Illinois Liberty PAC
- DuPage County Board Member Michael McMahon Will Not Run in 2012
- Final Filling List for Illinois House, Senate Candidates
- Lemont Residents to Challenge Radogno, Durkin in Illinois Primary
- 17 Members of Congress Endorse Juan Thomas
- Boyle Opens Campaign With Kickoff at Gattos
- Orland Fire District Board President Announces Run for 11th Congressional District
- Bill Foster Officially Entering Congressional Race