Classical music lovers take note: the Downers Grove Choral Society will perform "Festival of Psalms," the last of this season's concerts, on Sunday, April 29 at 3 p.m. at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Ave. in Downers Grove.
Tickets can be purchased online for $20 or at the door for $22, with discounts for seniors and students.
The program will include:
- Jubilate Deo, omnis terra, Giovanni Gabrielli.
- Psalm 42, Wie der Hirsch schreit, Felix Mendelssohn, featuring soprano Christine Steyer, the 2011 winner of the American Prize in vocal performance.
- O Clap your Hands, Ralph Vaughn Williams.
- Kentucky Psalms, Alice Parker.
- I Will Lift up Mine Eyes, Adolphus Hailstork, featuring tenor Cornelius Johnson, who has performed on three occasions at Chicago's Millennium Park.
The Downers Grove Choral Society, directed by includes more than 50 members from Burr Ridge, Downers Grove, Batavia, Bolingbrook, Darien, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Lemont, Lisle, Naperville, Western Springs, Wheaton, Woodridge and other suburbs.