The recently recognized Naperville North Senior Kathryn Wylly as its 2012 scholarship recipient.
Each year, the chamber offers scholarships to students planning to attend a business college, two-year college, or four-year university. Applicants must live in Woodridge through their date of graduation from high school, have a parent or guardian who is a member of the chamber or attend a school that's a member of the chamber to qualify.
Wylly was chosen for her accomplishments both in school and the community, said Superintendent Cathy Skinner, who introduced Wylly at a lunch offering Woodridge scholarship recipients.
The following are some of Wylly's accomplishments:
- Girl Scout Summer Camp Counselor for six years
- Member of Youth Ministry, Altar Server and Choir Cantor at Joan of Arc for four years
- Naperville North Girls Swim and water polo teams for four years
- Youth and government lobbyist, legislator and executive branch member during three years of high school
- National Honor Society member for two years
- Senior Leader/Mentor for three years
- Physical Education Leader for two years
- Employed as lifeguard/swim coach for three years and nanny for one year
Wylly plans to sudy biomedical science at Marquette University in the fall.