The Downers Grove Community High School District 99 school board will discuss student achievement and "controversial issues" during its monthly workshop meeting Monday night.
District 99 school board members will be presented information on student data, such as ACT scores, AP performance and more.
The presentation will also include information on adequate yearly progress at North and South high schools.
Also during the meeting, District 99 board members will discuss Policy 6.80, "Controversial Issues."
The policy, which covers "teaching about controversial issues," states, "The superintendent shall ensure that all school-sponsored presentations and discussions of controversial or sensitive topics in the instructional program, including those made by guest speakers, are:
- Age appropriate;
- Consistent with the curriculum;
- Informative and present a balanced view;
- Respectful of the rights and opinions of everyone;
- Not tolerant of profanity or slander."
A board member requested to discuss the policy, according to the meeting agenda.
The District 99 board workshop will be held at 7 p.m. in the Administrative Service Center, 6301 Springside Ave.
Also on the agenda:
- A discussion regarding the timing of board meeting packets.
- A presentation from a South High School student regarding an anti-bullying initiative.
For the complete agenda, visit www.csd99.org.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: