Anyone interested in being a part of the medical marijuana industry in Illinois can attend a free class offered by the Medical Marijuana Institute.
The class will be held Dec. 28, from 12 to 3:30 p.m., at the Chicago Marriot Suites, 1500 Opus Place in Downers Grove. Medical marijuana is legal in Illinois, beginning Jan. 1, 2014.
The class will cover:
- State laws, rules and regulations in Medical Marijuana in Illinois.
- Patient processing to obtain a Medical Marijuana ID card.
- How should a patient ask for a Medical Marijuana recommendation from their Doctor?
- What to do if your Doctor doesn’t want to give a recommendation for medical marijuana.
- Learn what strain is good for which condition.
- Basic understanding and description of the 40 listed conditions.
- How to expand the list of conditions to include those not currently in the pilot program.
- How dispensaries will dispense the medicine.
- Understanding the different methods of delivery (edibles, smoking, oils, pills, lotions, evaporations and rubs.)
- MMI classes can help prepare you for many new jobs and business opportunities in Illinois.
- Networking Opportunity