The Darien-Woodridge Fire District is inviting the public to its open house this weekend.
Festivities go from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. this Saturday, Oct. 5, at 7550 Lyman in Darien. Emergency vehicles will be on display, and kids will be able to try on firefighter's clothing. Planned demonstrations include a simulated building fire, automobile extrication, a fire extinguisher demonstration, and an above ground vertical rescue. Light refreshments will be available.
More Events This Week
- Oct. 1 Junior Woman's Club Meeting
- Oct. 1 Business Casual Dress Code Dilemma
- Oct. 5 Fall festival & Open House at The Goddard School
- Oct. 5 DuPage County Free Shredding Event
- Oct. 6 Sunsetters Club Volleyball Tryouts
- Oct. 6 Mountain Music: Dana and Susan Robinson
Headlines: Our Newsletter Overfloweth
- Barilla Backlash: LGBT Groups Call For Boycott After Pasta CEO's Remarks
- Will County: Where a Judge's Right to Watch Porn and a Reporter's Right to Protect Sources Collide
- How to Make the Perfect Mason Jar Salad
Get the Most Out of Patch