Soon, Woodridge voters will head to the polls for the Illinois primary.
Confused about what district you fall in to after the lines were redrawn? We've got you covered. Wonder how long you can procrastinate before mailing in your absentee ballot? We'll tell you that, too.
Our handy guide will help you keep track of important dates and information. Click a race below to read profiles of each of the candidates. Scroll down the guide for all the latest news from the campaign trail.
This is also a chance for you to get involved. Got a question for a candidate? Have some election-related news to share? Post it in the comments section, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know your district
Confused about the redistricting that was done in 2011? No problem. Find out which districts you live in with the state board of election’s interactive map.
For the few Woodridge residents who live in Will County, the county consolidated its polling locations this year to save money, so your polling place might be different. Check our guide and a county map to find out where you vote.
Know the Dates
- Sept. 27: First day mail ballots will be sent out
- Oct. 9: Last day to register to vote
- Oct. 10: First day of grace period registration and voting
- Oct. 22: First day of early voting
- Nov. 1: Last day to request a mail ballot, including military and overseas voters
- Nov. 3: Last day of early voting; last day of grace period registration and voting
- Nov. 4: In-person absentee voting begins at the Clerk's office
- Nov. 5: Postmark deadline for absentee ballots; last day of in-person absentee voting at the Clerk's office.
- Nov. 6: General election
- Sample Ballot: DuPage residents can go to the County Clerk's website and enter your information here.
- Sample Ballot: Will County residents can go to the County Clerk's website and enter your address in the Precinct Finder.
DuPage County Board
Background on the issues
- Ron Sandack's Legislative Office Destroyed in Overnight Fire
- Will There Be a Republican Primary in the 11th District?
- Legislation Would Ensure DiCianni Can Serve as Mayor and County Board Member
- Patrick O'Shea Continues Campaign after Son's Cocaine Arrest
- DuPage County Tea Party Endorses Debbie Boyle
- Democrats Fight it Out in the 11th
- Illinois Sen. Christine Radogno Endorses Jim Durkin for State Representative
- NRA and DuPage Sierra Club Endorse Ron Sandack
- District 113A Board President Endorses Jim Durkin
- Naperville Chamber Endorses Jeanne Ives for State Representative
- Sparks Fly in 11th District Democrats Debate in Aurora
- Boyle Calls for Spending Cuts
- Naperville Area Chamber PAC Endorses Ron Sandack
- Final Filling List for Illinois House, Senate Candidates
- The Woodridge Voter's Guide to the 2012 Illinois Primary
- Woodridge One of Dozens to Vote on Switching Energy Suppliers in 2012